Sensex loses 207 points to 53,541 and Nifty falls 87 points to 15,938 in late Forex news morning deals. However, it’s also down 15.5% since the start of the year.
- Kathy Jones, chief fixed income strategist at Charles Schwab, breaks down the Fed minutes, the odds of a recession, inflation, and more.
- World Wrestling Entertainment is one of the top stocks to watch after it closed Tuesday within striking distance of a flat base’s 63.81 buy point.
- Trading volume is critical for small-window options traders, as it gives insight into how many contracts have been purchased on an options strike.
- U.S. stocks and bonds are moving in opposite directions, a phenomenon that could bring relief for investors hoping for a blend of the two asset classes to blunt declines in their portfolios.
- West Texas Intermediate crude oil fell as much as much as 0.20% to $110.06 per barrel.
- The overnight sell-off in Nvidia stock and Snowflake doesn’t bode well for techs on Thursday.
The newspaper publisher and legal-software supplier funded the purchases by cashing out $81 million of other stocks, and borrowing $43 million from its margin-loan account, in the period. With 94% of S&P 500 companies having reported first-quarter PYPL stock price earnings, 76% beat profit estimates, according to Fundstrat. Get the inside scoop on what traders are talking about — delivered daily to your inbox. The Federal Reserve will release minutes from its most recent policy meeting.
Younger Investors Have Higher
West Texas Intermediate crude picked up 1.4% to $111.25 per barrel. Brent crude, the international benchmark, climbed 1.2% to $111.96. Other market data may be delayed by 15 minutes or more.
Even with these concerns, Kohl’s appears to be doing well with the offers it’s getting. It previously turned down one for $64 per share as too low. Now, the current reports claim that some bidders are willing to offer $70 per share for KSS stock. For the record, the company’s shares were trading at $36.18 https://www.ig.com/en/forex/what-is-forex-and-how-does-it-work when markets closed on Tuesday. Today’s news is doing wonders for KSS stock as heavy trading pushes shares higher. As of this writing, more than 7 million shares of the company’s stock have changed hands. To put that in perspective, its daily average trading volume is closer to 3.4 million shares.
Dow Jones Stocks To Watch: Chevron, Merck
Golar is in a short consolidation that is on track to be a proper base after this week with 26.70 buy point. But investors could use a downward-sloping trendline or 25.10 — just above short-term highs — as early entries. Federal Reserve officials at the May 3-4 policy meeting unanimously approved a 50-basis-point hike. “Most” agreed that half-point rate hikes would likely be appropriate at the next couple of meetings, matching what Fed chief Jerome Powell has said. The Fed participants agreed to move “expeditiously” toward neutral, and said rates may have to be even higher than that to rein in inflation. But they also noted that moving swiftly in the short term would provide more flexibility to change course later this year. US stocks staged a rally on Monday after notching seven straight weeks of losses as investors continue to digest first-quarter earnings and the impact of high inflation and interest rates.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average reversed higher Wednesday ahead of minutes from this month’s Federal Reserve meeting. Chip giant Nvidia will report its quarterly earnings results after https://dotbig.com/markets/stocks/PYPL/ the close. While most companies are beating their earnings estimates, big misses from retail giants Target and Walmart last week led to their biggest drop since Black Monday in 1987.